How to cook Italian Baked Stuffed Squid
- 2 pounds squid (calamari), cleaned
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 canned anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 4 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Simmer the squid tentacles in salted water for 10 minutes. Drain, chop and place in a bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and cook gently for several seconds.
- Stir in the squid tentacles, parsley, anchovies and bread crumbs and cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, remove from the heat and leave the stuffing mixture to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Fill the squid bodies with the stuffing, packing it loosely to allow for expansion during cooking. Close the top with wooden cocktail sticks or sew up with strong thread.
- Place in a single layer in a shallow casserole. Season lightly with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Pour in the wine and bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour or until the squid are tender, turning occasionally to brown evenly.
- If necessary, add a little water to the dish during cooking.
- Remove the cocktail sticks or thread and serve hot.
The Italian Baked Stuffed Squid recipe easy to prepare and so good!
The Italian name for this recipe is Calamari Ripieni Al Forno
This recipe for Italian Baked Stuffed Squid serves/makes: 6
The Italian Baked Stuffed Squid recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Baked