6 - 8
How to cook Italian Baked Whitefish in Parchment
- 3 pounds whitefish
- 5-1/2 ounces boiled ham, diced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, diced
- 1 pound potatoes, diced, cooked, drained
- 2 ounces onions, finely chopped
- 2 ounces parsley, chopped
- 1/2 pound tomatoes, chopped
- 6 sprigs dill
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 5 1/2 ounces oil
- Dredging flour
- 2 ounces butter
- Clean fish and rub with salt inside and out. Place sprigs of dill in cavity of fish and dredge in flour. Heat oil in pan and brown fish on both sides for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from pan and arrange on platter.
- Blend 1 ounce butter with remaining oil in pan. Add finely chopped onions and brown for 5 minutes. Add diced ham and mushrooms. Cook slowly for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chopped tomatoes and salt. Cook 10 minutes longer and sprinkle with chopped parsley and pepper.
- Cook diced potatoes in salted water.
- Cut a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper to shape a heart large enough to contain fish. Line baking pan with foil or paper and melt in remaining butter. Spread a layer of prepared sauce and arrange fish, coat with remaining sauce and surround with potatoes. Enclose all ingredients by rolling edges of foil or paper tightly to prevent steam from escaping during cooking.
- Bake in moderate oven for 10 minutes until paper inflates. Serve directly from pan, cutting enclosure in front of guests.
The Italian Baked Whitefish In Parchment recipe easy to prepare and so good! The Italian name for this recipe is Merluzzo In Carrtoccio
Since Italy is almost completely surrounded by water, its people are bound to love fish and seafood - and to cook it well. Here's a good example you can duplicate at home with whitefish or any firm, white-fleshed fish.
This recipe for Italian Baked Whitefish in Parchment serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Italian Baked Whitefish in Parchment recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Baked