How to cook Italian Calamari Con Pomodoro
- 3 pounds frozen squid, cleaned and cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan. Brown the garlic.
- Add squid, and saute about 10 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and wine, and cook about 10 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes, and parsley, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Don't overcook the squid or it will turn into shoe leather!
This recipe for Italian Calamari Con Pomodoro serves/makes: 6
The Italian Calamari Con Pomodoro recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered