3 - 4
How to cook Italian Calamari Romana
- 12 ounces cleaned small squid (calamari) hoods
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Oil for deep-frying
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Cut the squid into 1/2 inch wide rings. Combine the squid rings with the salt, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, then dry on paper towels.
- Combine the flour and pepper in a bowl. Fill a deep, heavy-based saucepan a third full of oil and heat to 350°F (180°C) or until a cube of bread dropped in the oil will browned in 15 seconds.
- Flour a few squid rings and deep-fry, turning with a long-handled spoon, for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Flour the remaining batches just before frying. Drain on crumpled paper towels and serve hot with the lemon wedges.
The Italian Calamari Romana recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Italian Calamari Romana serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Italian Calamari Romana recipe is adopted from The Italian Kitchen By Jane Price.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried