How to cook Italian Calamari with Spaghetti
- 1 pound squid (calamari), cleaned and cut into strips
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 red chili, chopped
- Rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley
- Stir-fry the onion, kohlrabi, aniseed, pepper and garlic 3 minutes.
- Add the squid and wine and heat on high heat until half of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the lemon rind and salt and pepper to taste. In the mean time, cook the spaghetti al dente.*
- Drain the spaghetti, stir in some olive oil and serve with the squid mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the Italian Calamari with Spaghetti with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
The Italian Calamari with Spaghetti is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
*Al dente refers to the desired texture of cooked pasta in Italian cooking. It literally means "to the tooth". When the pasta is cooked al dente, there should be a slight resistance in the center when the pasta is chewed.
Tips on how to prepare squid (calamari) or cuttlefish for cooking.
This recipe for Italian Calamari with Spaghetti serves/makes: 6
The Italian Calamari with Spaghetti recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed