How to cook Italian Cherrystone Clams Casino
- 36 cherrystone clams, on half shell
- 3 slices bacon, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced pimento
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In baking dish, arrange clams in shells on bed of rock salt (or crushed aluminum foil).
- Sprinkle with bacon green pepper, pimento and shallots.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bacon is brown.
Clams casino make a wonderful appetizer for any occasion.
is a clam "on the halfshell" dish with breadcrumbs and bacon. It originated in Narragansett, Rhode Island in the United States. It is often served as an appetizer in New England and is served in variations nationally.
Tips on how to prepare clams for cooking.
This recipe for Italian Cherrystone Clams Casino serves/makes: 6
The Italian Cherrystone Clams Casino recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Appetizer