How to cook Italian Clams Casino
- 36 cherrystone clams in the shell
- 2 cups finely chopped green pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves fresh, slivered, garlic
- Parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Coarse sea salt or rock salt
- Line a shallow baking pan with heavy aluminum foil. Add enough rock or sea salt to cover the bottom of the pan. Scrub the clams.
- Carefully open the clams leaving them on half shells and place them in the baking pan.
- Saute the peppers and onions in butter. Place a sliver of garlic under the meat of each clam.
- Spread a generous amount of peppers and onions on each clam. Top each clam with Parmesan cheese.
- Top each cherrystone clam with a piece of raw bacon and bake for 12-15 minutes (or until bacon is crisp) at 400°F (200°C).
This recipe for Italian Clams Casino serves/makes: 36 appetizers
The Italian Clams Casino recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Appetizer