How to cook Italian Cuisine Scallops
- 1 pound (454 g) scallops, diced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22.5 mL) green onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) heavy cream
- Chopped chives, to taste
- Boiled noodles or rice
- Into a thick-bottomed fry pan, over high heat, melt 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter
- Mix in green onion, scallops, mushroom slices, chicken broth and lemon juice salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove scallops and mushroom slices reserve.
- Cook mixture, over low heat, until liquid is reduced.
- Mix together flour and butter slowly mix into hot liquid, stirring, until thick.
- Pour in cream heat until just boiling.
- Remove from heat mix in reserved scallops and mushroom slices.
- Stir in chopped chives and check for seasonings.
- Serve the Italian Cuisine Scallops over boiled noodles or rice.
This recipe for Italian Cuisine Scallops serves/makes: 4
The Italian Cuisine Scallops recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered