How to cook Italian Deep Fried Sandwiches
- Few anchovy fillets
- 1 sandwich loaf, approximate 14 ounces
- 3/4 pound Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut the loaf into very thick slices; remove the crusts, then cut each slice horizontally in half, stopping short of the edge so the two slices are attached.
- Place a few thin slices of Mozzarella and anchovies inside; coat both sides of the sandwiches in flour, dip briefly into the milk and then place in a sing layer in a deep dish and pour the lightly salted beaten eggs all over them.
- Leave to stand and soak up the egg for up to 1 hour.
- Lower carefully into very hot oil and deep fry briefly until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve at once.
The Italian Deep Fried Sandwiches recipe very easy to prepare and so good! The Italian name for this recipe is Cuscinetti Di Pandorato
This recipe for Italian Deep Fried Sandwiches serves/makes: 4
The Italian Deep Fried Sandwiches recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Sandwich