4 - 6
How to cook Italian Easy Broiled Half Shell Pesto Mussels
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen half shell mussels
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Lay frozen mussels out onto tray and cover with aluminum foil.
- Oven bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients together and spoon onto mussels.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes on high until golden.
The Italian Easy Broiled Half Shell Pesto Mussels recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Pesto is a sauce that originates in the city of Genoa in the Liguria region of northern Italy (pesto alla genovese). Pesto alla genovese
is made with Genovese basil, salt, garlic, Ligurian extra virgin olive oil (Taggiasco), European pine nuts (often toasted) and a grated hard cheese like Parmigiano Reggiano (but which may be Grana Padano, Pecorino Sardo or Pecorino Romano).
This recipe for Italian Easy Broiled Half Shell Pesto Mussels serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Italian Easy Broiled Half Shell Pesto Mussels recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled