How to cook Italian Grilled Walleye
- 6 walleye fillets (about 6 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 (16 ounces) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 (10 3/4 ounces) can tomato soup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In resealable plastic bag, combine fillets and salad dressing.
- Seal bag and refrigerate 1 hour, turning once.
- Combine remaining ingredients as basting sauce.
- Place fillets in well greased, hinged wire basket and grill, covered, over medium coals 3 minutes on each side, basting with sauce often.
- Continue grilling 8 to 10 minutes, turning once and basting with sauce.
- Cook until fillets flake easily with a fork.
- Serve the Italian Grilled Walleye ho with grilled vegetables.
The Italian Grilled Walleye recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
(Sander vitreus, formerly Stizostedion vitreum) is a freshwater perciform fish native to most of Canada and to the northern United States. It is a North American close relative of the European pikeperch. The walleye
is sometimes also called the yellow walleye
to distinguish it from the blue walleye
, which is an extinct subspecies formerly found in the southern Great Lakes.
This recipe for Italian Grilled Walleye serves/makes: 6 servings
The Italian Grilled Walleye recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Fish Traditions: Member Recipes.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled