6 - 8
How to cook Italian Mussels Taranto Style
- 4 pounds large fresh mussels, cleaned
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thick slices Italian bread
- Finely chopped parsley, to serve Crusty bread, to serve
- Peel the garlic, leave one clove whole and finely chop the remainder.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook gently for about 10 minutes, until very soft and transparent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for several seconds.
- Stir in the wine, parsley and pepper to taste, cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread under a low grill so it crisps as well as toasts.
- Halve the reserved garlic clove and rub over the toast. Keep warm under the grill.
- Add the mussels to the saucepan and cook over a high heat for about 6-8 minutes, until they open, shaking to distribute the heat evenly. Discard any mussels which have not opened.
- Place the toast in wide soup bowls or pasta plates. Divide the mussels amongst the bowls and spoon over the liquid from the pan.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with crusty bread.
The Italian Mussels Taranto Style recipe easy to prepare and so good!
The Italian name for this recipe is Cozze Alla Tarantina
This recipe for Italian Mussels Taranto Style serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Italian Mussels Taranto Style recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered