4 - 6
How to cook Italian Pasta in Anchovy Sauce
- 4 or 5 salt-cured anchovy fillets, broken up into pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup crust-less Italian peasant-style bread, crumbled and toasted
- Chili pepper flakes chopped
- Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
- 3/4 cup water
- Use the flour to prepare a pasta dough, using 3/4 cup water in place of the eggs. Let rest, covered with a cloth, 20 minutes. Roll it out and by hand work it into long threads.
- Heat a little olive oil in a saute pan until hot, and add the anchovy fillets, garlic, and bread; cook until fragrant.
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water, drain, and toss with the sauce.
- Before serving sprinkle with chili flakes, black pepper, and parsley.
The Italian Pasta in Anchovy Sauce recipe easy to prepare and so good!
The Italian name for this recipe is Pasta in Salsa di Acciughe
This recipe for Italian Pasta in Anchovy Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Italian Pasta in Anchovy Sauce (Pasta in Salsa di Acciughe) recipe is adopted from La Gucina The Regional Cooking of Italy 2009 .
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Pasta