How to cook Italian Pasta with Scallops in Vanilla Sauce
- 12 scallops
- 8 ounces Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 ounces double cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Freshly chopped parsley to garnish
- Bring a large pan of heavily salted water to the boil.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large frying pan until very hot, add the scallops and sear for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 4 minutes only.
- Meanwhile, add onion and garlic to the frying pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and vanilla to the onion mixture, mix well and cook over medium heat, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- Add the seared scallops to the cream sauce and stir to coat.
- To serve - drain the pasta well, divide between 4 plates, top each with 3 scallops, drizzle the sauce over the top and sprinkle with the freshly chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
This recipe for Italian Pasta with Scallops in Vanilla Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Italian Pasta with Scallops in Vanilla Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Pasta