How to cook Italian Potatoes with Olives and Anchovies
- 6 canned anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 2 pounds medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained, rinsed and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Peel and cut each potato into six wedges. Dry them well in a clear cloth.
- Place a large, heavy frying pan with a lid over a medium-high heat, heat well and pour in the oil.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes to heat through, shaking the pan to prevent the potatoes from sticking.
- Scatter the anchovies, olives and capers over the potatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 25-30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender, turning with a metal spatula halfway through the cooking.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.
The Italian Potatoes with Olives and Anchovies recipe easy to prepare and so good!
The Italian name for this recipe is Patate Con Olive E Acciughe
This recipe for Italian Potatoes with Olives and Anchovies serves/makes: 6
The Italian Potatoes with Olives and Anchovies recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered