How to cook Italian Seafood Spaghetti
- 6 large shrimp, whole, deveined with tail shell still on
- 18 mussels, debearded
- 18 clams
- 1 pound calamari (squid), cleaned, bodies cut into rings and tentacles left whole
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pounds tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 pound spaghetti
- In a large skillet, warm the olive oil, then add garlic, shrimp, mussels, clams and calamari, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Discard any mussels or clams that do not open, and then add tomatoes, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add parsley, toss, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil water for pasta. When ready, add salt, and cook spaghetti until nearly al dente*, about 6 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and transfer it to the skillet.
- Toss to allow the flavors to combine, and divide the pasta evenly among 6 plates.
- Serve the seafood spaghetti immediately.
The Italian Seafood Spaghetti recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
*Al dente refers to the desired texture of cooked pasta in Italian cooking. It literally means "to the tooth". When the pasta is cooked al dente, there should be a slight resistance in the center when the pasta is chewed.
This recipe for Italian Seafood Spaghetti serves/makes: 6
The Italian Seafood Spaghetti recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Pasta