How to cook Italian Simmered Creamy Mussels
- 12 ounces mussel meat
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth or white wine
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Cooked linguine
- Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, simmer the vermouth, saffron and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, simmer and allow the mixture to reduce until it becomes slightly thick.
- Add tomatoes and mussel meat and season with the salt and pepper. Heat through.
- Pour over hot cooked linguine.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
The Italian Simmered Creamy Mussels recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Italian Simmered Creamy Mussels serves/makes: 4
The Italian Simmered Creamy Mussels recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered