4 - 6
How to cook Italian Squid Salad
- 1 pound squid (calamari)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano
- 1/2 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Fresh-ground pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Clean the squid by pulling off the head and rinsing out the body tube that remains. Remove the cuttlebone. Cut the squid into little circles.
- You may also use the head if you remove the eyes with a small paring knife, and remove the beak in between the legs by just pinching it out.
- Wash the squid pieces, and drop them into boiling water. Squid will be done when the edges curl or when the water resumes boiling. Drain immediately.
- Place in a salad bowl with the celery, yellow onion, olive oil, wine vinegar, oregano, parsley and pepper. Toss, and chill for about 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
The Italian Squid Salad recipe easy to prepare and so good!
The Italian name for this recipe is Insalata di Calamari
This recipe for Italian Squid Salad serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Italian Squid Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Salad