How to cook Italian Tuna Meatballs (Polpette di Tonno)
- 1 pound canned tuna or prepared fresh tuna
- 3 ounces pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 ounces cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Rind of 1 lemon
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix all ingredients, except the tomato sauce, well and add pepper and salt to taste.
- Form 12 balls out of this mixture and fry them 10 minutes. Turn regularly.
- Heat the tomato sauce and serve with the tuna balls.
The Italian Tuna Meatballs (Polpette di Tonno) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Italian Tuna Meatballs (Polpette di Tonno) serves/makes: 4
The Italian Tuna Meatballs (Polpette di Tonno) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed