4 - 6
How to cook Japanese Noodles with Shrimp and Curry
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, chopped
- 8 ounces Udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Japanese soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Japanese curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 4 medium scallions, chopped
- Saute onion in oil until soft.
- Add shrimp, cook 1 minute.
- Stir in broth Japanese soy sauce, ginger, curry, salt and pepper.
- Bring to simmer, add cornstarch mixture, simmer until thickening.
- Pour over hot cooked noodles, garnish with scallions.
The Japanese Noodles with Shrimp and Curry is an affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
is a type of thick wheat-based noodle popular in Japanese cuisine. Udon
is usually served hot as noodle soup in a mildly flavored broth, in its simplest form as kake udon, served in kakejiru made of dashi, soy sauce (shoyu), and mirin. It is usually topped with thinly chopped scallions.
This recipe for Japanese Noodles with Shrimp and Curry serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Japanese Noodles with Shrimp and Curry recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pasta