How to cook Japanese Sea Bass with Water Chestnuts
- 2 sea bass (grouper, cod or baramundi) steaks, about 10-12 ounces each
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, sliced
- 3 stalks asparagus, sliced
- 1 medium leek, sliced
- 8-10 leaves baby bok choy
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (4-5 sprigs)
- 3/4 cup dry sake
- In a large saucepan, saute carrots in vegetable oil on medium heat 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and thyme and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Pour sake over vegetables, then rest fish on top. Spoon some liquid over both sea bass steaks.
- Place lid firmly on pan, turn heat down to medium-low, and cook 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Fish should flake easily and appear bright white.
- Serve the steamed sea bass atop vegetables in shallow bowls.
- If desired, garnish with fresh, chopped chervil.
This recipe for Japanese Sea Bass with Water Chestnuts serves/makes: 4
The Japanese Sea Bass with Water Chestnuts recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Steamed