6 - 8 appetizer servings
How to cook Jewish Anchovy and Egg Appetizer
- 1 tin anchovies, cut into slivers (leave one or two strips to decorate top)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped and grated coarsely
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Chopped fresh dill or parsley
- 3 scallions
- Combine the chopped egg and slivers of anchovy and chopped scallions.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a mound on a pretty dish or in a cupped lettuce leaf.
- Spread sour cream over top of mound.
- Decorate the Anchovy and Egg Appetizer with the whole anchovy strips and sprinkle with fresh dill or parsley.
- Serve with crackers or thinly sliced pumpernickel or rye.
The Jewish Anchovy and Egg Appetizer is great tasting appetizer or hors d'oeuvre. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Jewish Anchovy and Egg Appetizer serves/makes: 6 - 8 appetizer servings
Recipes from the celebrities: the Jewish Anchovy and Egg Appetizer recipe adopted from Ken Holtzman.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Appetizer