How to cook Jewish Baked Sole with Spinach
- 6 sole (scrod or any other white fish) fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed very dry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dry wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Use a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In large skillet, saute onions in oil until soft. Add green pepper, garlic, tomatoes, dill, salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes. Stir in spinach and mix well.
- Sprinkle fish with a little salt and lemon juice. Arrange tomato and spinach mixture in baking dish. Place the sole fillets on top. Pour wine over all and cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- To serve, spoon vegetables onto serving dish and place the baked sole fillets on top.
The Jewish Baked Sole with Spinach is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Jewish Baked Sole with Spinach serves/makes: 6
The Jewish Baked Sole with Spinach Recipe adopted from Top Nosh.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Baked