6 - 8
How to cook Jewish Fish Patties
- 2 pounds carp (or any white fish) fillets
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup oil, divided
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons matzoh meal Sauce:
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or to taste
- Use 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Saute onion and carrots in 2 tablespoons oil. Add, with the carp fillets, to food processor and process briefly. Add remaining ingredients and process just until combined.
- Form mixture into patties and fry in remaining oil, drain.
- Place patties in baking dish and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Saute celery, carrots and onion in oil. Combine with remaining sauce ingredients.
- Pour sauce over patties and bake, covered, 45 minutes.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve the Jewish Fish Patties with a sprig of parsley and horseradish.
This recipe for Jewish Fish Patties serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Jewish Fish Patties Recipe adopted from Top Nosh.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Baked