How to cook Jewish Herring Pie
- 3 (7 1/2 ounces) jars herring salad
- 4 pieces toast
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tart apple, peeled and grated
- Cinnamon-sugar, for topping
- Bread crumbs, for topping
- Use 10-inch pie plate or spring-form pan. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove crusts from toast. Soak toast in water; squeeze dry. Combine with remaining ingredients (except those for topping) and spoon into pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar and bread crumbs.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until browned.
- Serve the Jewish Herring Pie with rye bread.
The Jewish Herring Pie is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
This recipe for Jewish Herring Pie serves/makes: 6
The Jewish Herring Pie Recipe adopted from Top Nosh.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Baked