2 - 3 servings
How to cook Jumbo Lump Crab Toast
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crab
- 10 baguette slices
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- Lemon wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Open the crab and pick over. Make sure there are no errant pieces of shell. It should be fresh and sweet and clean. Refrigerate.
- Drizzle the baguette slices with a touch of olive oil and a pinch of salt and toast in oven. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the mustard sauce. Mix the mayo, sour cream, mustard, and tabasco sauce along with a little salt and pepper and stir well to combine. Refrigerate.
- To serve: Spread a little mustard sauce on a toasted baguette slice, top with crab, drizzle with lemon.
The Jumbo Lump Crab Toast
recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This is a great idea for the dinner for 2 on Valentine's day as a starter. Seafood and champagne - work wonders!
This recipe for Jumbo Lump Crab Toast serves/makes: 2 - 3 servings
The Jumbo Lump Crab Toast recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Appetizer