3 - 4
How to cook Kenyan Poached Crab Claws Piri-Piri
- 1 pound (454 g) crab claws, cooked
- About 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red chile powder, such as New Mexican
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 glass of white wine
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon parsley or cilantro, chopped fine
- Partly crack crab claws so that sauce will be able to soak in. Melt the butter in a deep-sided frying pan over low heat.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Cook slowly until wine is cooked off and flavors blend, about 15 minutes.
- Add the crab claws and increase heat.
- Carefully toss the claws in the sauce until warmed through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with rice and lime wedges.
The Kenyan Poached Crab Claws Piri-Piri recipe was collected in Malindi, Kenya (Africa). Apparently there is only one variety of chile powder (ground chile) available there, of medium to low heat. We suggest you choose any variety that you like (New Mexico red chile would be a perfect pick).
This recipe for Kenyan Poached Crab Claws Piri-Piri serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Kenyan Poached Crab Claws Piri-Piri recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered