How to cook Kinilaw na Dilis (Anchovy Ceviche)
- 1/2 pond (1/4 kilo) anchovy (dilis)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 piece red onion, sliced thinly
- Spring onion
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Clean the fish by removing the head and the innards then wash well.
- Combine all the ingredients well, and you can add some chili and calamansi or lemon juice before serving.
- Serve the Kinilaw na Dilis (Anchovy Ceviche) chilled with calamansi slices and pepper fingers if desired.
- This goes well with rice or as an appetizer to titillate the palate or bites with some drinks.
The Kinilaw na Dilis (Anchovy Ceviche)
is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
is very similar to the Latin American Ceviche
, it also relies on the sour agent to sort of cook the raw fish. Make sure that you get the freshest ingredient available though because the goodness of this dish depends on the freshness of the fish.
This recipe for Kinilaw na Dilis (Anchovy Ceviche) serves/makes: 4 servings
The Kinilaw na Dilis (Anchovy Ceviche) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Salad