3 - 4
How to cook Korean Barbecued Scallops
- 1 pound scallops (garibi)
- 4 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a bowl, mix the light soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, white pepper, orange and lemon juice.
- Place scallops in a shallow dish.
- Pour marinade over and leave for 1 hour.
- Preheat the barbecue grill, barbecue marinated scallops till both side turn slightly brown.
- Serve the barbecued scallops on top of the lettuce leaves and garnish with the lemon wedge.
The Korean name for the Barbecued Scallops is Garibi Gui
This recipe for Korean Barbecued Scallops serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Korean Barbecued Scallops recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Barbecue