How to cook Korean Barbecued Spiced Fish
- 1 1/2 pounds flounder (sea bass, red snapper, or similar fish) fillet, cut into 4 pieces with the skin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon gochu jang (Korean red chili pepper paste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon Korean sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon white or rice wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Sprinkle salt over the flounder fillet of choice and let stand uncovered in the refrigerator overnight to dry out somewhat. Turn the flounder pieces over once during this time.
- To prepare the Spicy Paste, mix paste ingredients together. Rub the paste into the flounder pieces. Let stand for 1/2 hour, then broil over charcoal or in a gas or electric oven broiler for 5 minutes.
- Serve the Korean Barbecued Spiced Fish warm with steamed rice and side dishes of your choice.
The Korean Barbecued Spiced Fish recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Korean name for this recipe is Seng Sun Bulgogi
This recipe for Korean Barbecued Spiced Fish serves/makes: 4
The Korean Barbecued Spiced Fish (Seng Sun Bulgogi) recipe is adopted from The Korean Kitchen by Copeland Marks 1993.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Barbecue