How to cook Korean Blue Crabs
- 8 live blue crabs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 scallions
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold water
- Cut the live crabs in the following manner: Remove the back shell and the innards. Halve the crab down in the center, leaving the claws attached to the body.
- Slice the garlic. Cut the scallions into 1 1/2-inch lengths.
- Heat the sesame oil in a heavy pot. Saute the crabs, scallions and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the water and salt and cover. Steam for 15 minutes.
- Adjust the flame and watch the water level in the pot carefully. If too much water remains when the steaming is complete, the flavor will be lost.
- If there is not enough water left, the crabs will burn.
The Korean Blue Crabs recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Kenyan name for this recipe is Kwae Bokum
This recipe for Korean Blue Crabs serves/makes: 4
The Korean Blue Crabs (Kwae Bokum) recipe is adopted from The Korean Cookbook by Judy Hyun 1993.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Steamed