How to cook Korean Dried Anchovies in Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Korean dried anchovies (myeol chi), small
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a frying pan, add oil and fry Korean dried anchovies (myeol chi) until crispy. (Don't stir too much.)
- In a small pan, add soy sauce, water, sugar and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- When you see the bubbles coming up, add the fried Korean dried anchovies (myeol chi).
- Cook until the sauce absorbed.
- Garnish the Korean fried anchovies with sesame seeds, and serve with steamed rice.
The Korean name for the Dried Anchovies in Soy Sauce is Myeol Chi Bok Eum or Myeolchi Bokkeum
This recipe for Korean Dried Anchovies in Soy Sauce serves/makes: 2
The Korean Dried Anchovies in Soy Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed