How to cook Korean Easy Mussel Soup
- 1 pound mussels (hong hap)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cho Go Choo Jang sauce (see the recipe below)
Cho Go Choo Jang Sauce Ingredients:
- Clean mussels. Scrub with hands or with a brush in running water, take out beard.
- Put in a pot, add water (half amount of mussels), bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cook until they open.
- Take out mussels, add salt and green onions, cook for another minute or so.
- Pour soup on top of mussels.
- Serve with Cho Go Choo Jang Sauce, which is a dip for mussels.
How to cook Cho Go Choo Jang Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Korean chili paste (go choo jang)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients.
- Mix well.
The Korean name for the Mussel Soup recipe is Hong Hap Tang
. So quick and easy to cook - healthy as well.
Choose fresh mussels
with shells tightly closed, before cooking.
Slightly opened-up mussel shells can only be eaten if the shells tightly close-up when lightly tapped-on.
An open-up shell means that mussel is dead and therefore can be toxic throw it away.
This recipe for Korean Easy Mussel Soup serves/makes: 2
The Korean Easy Mussel Soup recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew