2 - 4
How to cook Korean Grilled Sole in Red Sauce
- 2 fillets of sole (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 scallions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Korean kochu chang (red bean paste), see the recipe below
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash black pepper
Korean Kochu Chang (Red Bean Paste) Ingredients:
- Cut each fillet into 4 pieces. Mince the scallions and crush the garlic.
- Combine the scallions, garlic, kochu chang, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce and pepper in a bowl. Add the sole and mix well until all sides of the sole pieces are coated.
- Grill. Do not overcook or the sole will fall apart easily and lose its flavor.
How to cook Korean Kochu Chang (Red Bean Paste)
- 2 tablespoons red bean paste
- 2 tablespoons powdered red cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Serve in a small dish for dipping.
The Korean Grilled Sole in Red Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Korean name for this recipe is Saengsun Kochu Chang Kui
Korean kochu chang
- red bean paste is particularly tasty served with fresh scallions and radishes or added to some soups. Korean kochu chang
may be purchased at many Oriental food stores. If it is not available Japanese miso sauce may be substituted. The Korean red bean paste recipe is for a more pungent kochu chang
than that which comes directly from the jar.
This recipe for Korean Grilled Sole in Red Sauce serves/makes: 2 - 4
The Korean Grilled Sole in Red Sauce (Saengsun Kochu Chang Kui) recipe is adopted from The Korean Cookbook by Judy Hyun.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled