How to cook Korean Octopus Stew (Nakji Jeongol)
- 1 pound octopus, cleaned, rubbed with some salt, cut
- 1/2 pound zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 pound carrots, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green chili paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Mix the soy sauce with the sesame seed, the chili powder, the chili paste the garlic and half of the onions and marinate the octopus 30 minutes in this mixture.
- Stir fry the zucchini, the rest of the onions, the mushroom and the carrots for 5 minutes.
- Add the octopus and simmer a few minutes more.
- Don't overcook as octopus tends to get tough.
The Korean name for the Octopus Stew is Nakji Jeongol
is a category of elaborate stews or casseroles in Korean cuisine.
This recipe for Korean Octopus Stew (Nakji Jeongol) serves/makes: 6
The Korean Octopus Stew (Nakji Jeongol) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Seafood
(more Various Seafood
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew