6 - 8
How to cook Korean Pollock Stew with Vegetables
- 1 whole fresh pollock, about 4-5 pounds
- 10 dried anchovies
- 1/4 radish, quartered then sliced thinly
- 1 pack enoki mushroom (paeng ee beo seot), cut bottom
- 4 shiitake mushrooms (pyo go beo seot), halved
- 1/4 bunch crown daisy, halved
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Wash the pollock and pat dry. Cut the fish into 3-inches thick steaks.
- Add 8 cups water and anchovies in a pot, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer. Leave for 10 minutes, skim off the impurity, take out anchovies.
- Season lightly with salt and soy sauce.
- While the stock is boiling, add radish cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, then add the pollock steaks. Bring to a boil, let cook for another minute.
- Add mushrooms, green onion and chillies, let simmer for a minute.
- Turn off the heat, add crown daisy and serve the Pollock Stew right away.
The Korean name for the Pollock Stew with Vegetables recipe is Saeng Tae Ji Ri
This recipe for Korean Pollock Stew with Vegetables serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Korean Pollock Stew with Vegetables recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pollock
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew