3 - 4
How to cook Korean Spicy Octopus
- 1 octopus, about 1 pound
- 1/2 onion, slice 1/3 inch thick
- 2 chilies, slice in a bias
- 2 green onions, cut in a bias
- 1 ounce carrot or 1/4 carrot, slice thinly
- 4 shiitake mushrooms (pyo go beo seot), quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Korean chili powder (gochugaru)
- 1/4 cup Korean chili paste (gochoojang)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Wash octopus, cut the legs into 3 inches long, open head and take out inside, quarter the head. Drain well.
- Mix all Marinade sauce ingredients.
- Put everything in, mix with a hand. Let marinade for 10 minutes.
- Heat the pan on a medium high heat, cook octopus for 3-4 minutes or until done.
- If the heat is too high it will burn, if too low it will get soggy.
The Korean name for the Spicy Octopus with Vegetables recipe is Nak Ji Bok Eum
This recipe for Korean Spicy Octopus serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Korean Spicy Octopus recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Seafood
(more Various Seafood
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed