How to cook Korean Spicy Sweet and Sour Sea Snail Salad
- 1 cup canned sea snails (GolBaengi)
- Korean thin noodles (for 2)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 onion
Spicy, Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons juice from GolBaengi can
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Sesame seeds
- Black pepper to taste
- A little sesame oil
- Take sea snails (moon snails) out of the can and drain a bit. Slice them in a bite size.
- Cut green onion into 2 inches (5 cm) strips.
- Slice onion and cucumber.
- Mix sea snails with the Spicy, Sweet and Sour Sauce.
- Cook noodles and cool them down.
- Server noodles on the side.
The Korean name for the Spicy Sweet and Sour Sea Snail Salad is GolBaengi Muchim or Gol-bang-ee Muchim
GolBaengi Muchim is a popular dish that Korean people eat as a snack. Very hot and spicy!
You can get a can of sea snails in an Asian or Korean store. As the the name says, the taste is spicy, sweet, and sour. Depending on your tastes, you can adjust the amount of sugar and vinegar. However it tastes best when there is enough sour and sweet flavor.
This recipe for Korean Spicy Sweet and Sour Sea Snail Salad serves/makes: 2
The Korean Spicy Sweet and Sour Sea Snail Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snails
Preparation Method: Salad