About 1 cup
How to cook Korean Sweet Dried Anchovy Condiment
- 1 cup dried anchovies
- 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 inch slice of fresh ginger, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon gochu jang (Korean red chili pepper paste)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet. Add the sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and gochu jang all at once. Stir-fry over low heat for 1 minute.
- When the mixture bubbles, add the anchovies and stir rapidly for about 1/2 minute to coat each anchovy with the seasonings. Stir in the sesame seeds, remove from the heat, and turn out into a small dish.
- Serve cool or at room temperature with any kind of Korean food.
The Korean Sweet Dried Anchovy Condiment recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Korean name for this recipe is Marun Panchan
This is served as a panchan, with a Korean meal.
Banchan (also spelled Panchan) refers to small dishes of food served along with cooked rice in Korean cuisine. The most famous panchan is kimchi.
This recipe for Korean Sweet Dried Anchovy Condiment serves/makes: About 1 cup
The Korean Sweet Dried Anchovy Condiment (Marun Panchan) recipe is adopted from The Korean Kitchen by Copeland Marks 1993.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed