How to cook Lapu-Lapu Fillets Stuffed with Crabmeat
- 6 lapu-lapu (grouper) fillets (about 4 - 5 ounces each)
- 6 thin slices Filipino Quickmelt cheese (or Velveeta cheese as a substitute)
- Oil for frying
For Crabmeat Filling:
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 1/3 cup fresh milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in a little amount of water for thickening
- Lightly season fish fillet with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Saute onion in butter until transparent.
- Stir in crab meat, button mushrooms and water.
- Let simmer for a minute or two.
- Add in fresh milk and season with salt and pepper. Thicken with cornstarch.
- Heat oil for frying in a frying pan.
- Slit an opening in the middle of each fish fillet enough to fill at least 1 tablespoon of the crabmeat filling.
- Fill the fish fillet with crab meat at least 1 tablespoon full. (Do not put too much filling so it won’t spill out of the fish.)
- Cook fish on one side then carefully flip it over to cook the other side.
- Before removing the stuffed fish from the pan, place a slice of cheese on top of each fish fillet and let it melt.
- Remove from pan and serve the Lapu-Lapu Fillets Stuffed with Crabmeat hot with rice pilaf.
The Lapu-Lapu Fillets Stuffed with Crabmeat recipe very easy to prepare and so good
Searching for a special fish fillet recipe? I think this sumptuous fish fillet stuffed with crab meat filling is the one you are looking for. Ingredients are very basic which can be easily found in supermarkets or wet market. It is better to buy fresh fish in the wet market if you want to make your own fillet or you can buy frozen fish fillet already packed in supermarkets. And with regards to crab meat, you can use frozen, canned or make your own crab meat by boiling or steaming fresh blue crabs then and remove the meat.
In the Philippines, the grouper is commonly known as Lapu-Lapu
Fish substitution: any white fish, preferably sea bass
(red snapper may also be substituted).
This recipe for Lapu-Lapu Fillets Stuffed with Crabmeat serves/makes: 6 servings
The Lapu-Lapu Fillets Stuffed with Crabmeat recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed