3 - 4 servings
How to cook Lemon, Parsley and Garlic Grouper
- 1 pound grouper fillet (or any other flaky, white fish)
- Large handful fresh parsley
- Small handful fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4-5 scallions (white and green parts)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare fillet by ensuring the skin, bloodline and bones are removed.
- Rinse fillet and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut into 3-4 pieces and set aside.
- Toss remaining ingredients into a food processor and pulse a few times until well minced.
- Spread the mixture all over the fillets and place fillets on the parchment lined baking sheet (if you do this, you’ll thank me later, since it ensures easy clean up!).
- Bake for about 10 minutes (or a bit longer, if your fillets are more than 1 inch thick).
- Serve the baked grouper hot with lemon wedges and an easy side dish of your choice, for example boiled rice or mashed potatoes.
The Lemon, Parsley and Garlic Grouper
recipe easy to cook and so good!
Two tips when cooking Grouper:
1. Be careful not to over-cook it, since it can get rubbery and tough (NOT a good thing). The general rule of thumb is about 10 minutes of cooking time per inch of thickness.
2. Since it’s a lean fish, it’s helpful to have a sauce, liquid or fat (butter is especially good) nearby to baste the fish while cooking so it doesn’t dry out.
This recipe for Lemon, Parsley and Garlic Grouper serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Lemon, Parsley and Garlic Grouper recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Baked