How to cook Lemon Shrimp and Spinach Fettuccine
- 1/2 pound medium uncooked shrimps, (thawed if frozen), peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces dried Fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 - 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 5 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice from half of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add fettuccine or any pasta of your choice. Boil for 12 minutes or until al dente (firm and slightly springy), stirring occasionally.
- While waiting on the pasta I like to do the prepare work for my other ingredients. Peel, devein and rinse shrimps. Pat dry with a paper towel and set aside. Grate lemon zest and slice garlic.
- If your pasta finishes cooking before you have the rest of your meal prepped, drain, and rinse with cold water to stop the pasta from cooking, and return to pot.
- Add a few tablespoons of butter to keep the pasta from sticking and cover with a lid until you’re ready.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Add garlic slices when hot and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add shrimps and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, tossing frequently, until pink and opaque.
- Turn heat to low-medium setting and add spinach and cooked fettuccine. Cook for 1 to 2 more minutes or until spinach just begins to wilt.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Serve the Lemon Shrimp and Spinach Fettuccine with a lemon wedge as garnish.
The Lemon Shrimp and Spinach Fettuccine
recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Lemon Shrimp and Spinach Fettuccine serves/makes: 4 servings
The Lemon Shrimp and Spinach Fettuccine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pasta