How to cook Lemony Shrimp Scampi with Orzo
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 5 cups arugula or spinach or other greens (I simply used a store-bought organic salad mix)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo in boiling pot of salted water until al dente.
- To make the vinaigrette: Whisk together 1/3 cup of olive oil, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute shallots in a little bit of olive oil over medium heat. Add in the shrimp and season heavily with pepper and salt.
- Once shrimp are pink, curled, and cooked through remove and set aside.
- Deglaze the skillet with white wine and add in your greens. Once the greens are wilted and most of the wine is evaporated add in the cooked orzo and shrimp.
- Toss with the vinaigrette and serve the Lemony Shrimp Scampi with Orzo immediately.
The Lemony Shrimp Scampi with Orzo
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Lemony Shrimp Scampi with Orzo serves/makes: 4 servings
The Lemony Shrimp Scampi with Orzo recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pasta