2 servings as entree portions
How to cook Linguine and Clams
- 1/2 pound chopped clams, fresh or canned
- 1/2 pound dried linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup white wine (I used Chardonnay)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- Cook pasta al dente and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute garlic and onions for 5 minutes.
- Add clam juice, lemon juice and zest, and white wine. Simmer for 10 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Season with red pepper flakes (this recipe rarely needs salt) and add chopped clams. Cook until clams are jet heated through, no longer as to avoid toughening them.
- Toss cooked pasta in the light sauce and serve the Linguine and Clams piping hot with parmesan cheese.
- Buon appetito!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
The Linguine and Clams recipe easy to cook and so good! Linguine and Clams
, a traditional Italian recipe that we love to order out when at restaurants. This recipe will have your guests thinking they're at an Italian restaurant! The light flavors of lemon, wine, and clams are showcased, so choose your ingredients wisely!
This recipe for Linguine and Clams serves/makes: 2 servings as entree portions
The Linguine and Clams recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Pasta