How to cook Lithuanian Deep Fried Walleye
- 1 walleye (zander or pike-perch) fillet, about 10 - 11 ounces
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 handfuls breadcrumbs
- 5 cups cooking oil for deep frying (I used canola oi)
- In deep fryer or in a high-side saucepan on medium-high heat bring the oil up to a temperature of 355°F (180°C). Oil is hot enough when a drop of water bounces across oil.
- In a bowl beat egg and milk together.
- Cut the walleye fillet into long strips. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then dust with flour, making sure that every inch of the surface is coated.
- Now, dip each fish fillet in the beaten egg, making sure that the entire surface is coated.
- Roll the egg coated fish fillets in the breadcrumbs.
- Form each strip in a pretzel shape and secure with a toothpick.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden and drain on paper towels before serving.
The Lithuanian Deep Fried Walleye
is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Lithuanian Deep Fried Walleye serves/makes: 2 servings
The Lithuanian Deep Fried Walleye recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried
Cuisine: Other European
(more Other European