4 - 6 toasts
How to cook Lobster Avocado Toast
- 4 ounces picked lobster meat, chopped into small pieces
- 2 ripe medium avocados
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Fine grain sea salt
- 4-6 slices crusty bread of your choice (or a small baguette sliced into rounds if you’re going the crostini route)
- 1 small jalapeno, very thinly sliced or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Slice your avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pits and scoop them into a bowl. Add the lemon juice and a good pinch of sea salt, and mash with a fork until relatively smooth. Briefly set aside.
- Preheat your broiler on high, and slice your bread into pieces roughly 3/4-inch thick. Arrange the bread on a baking sheet and broil for 1-2 minutes per side until nice and toasty. (Yes, you can obviously use a toaster if you prefer.)
- Spread each piece of toast with a thick layer of avocado mash. Top with lobster, then sprinkle with jalapeno and chives. Drizzle each with a teensy bit of olive oil.
The Lobster Avocado Toast
is a spectacular appetizer or breakfast - makes simple and easy.
Believe me, an open-faced toasted sandwich would be pretty tasty. These were really quick to put together. The filling would make a delicious party dip with crackers and on the toast, it makes a great appetizer or easy sandwich.
This recipe for Lobster Avocado Toast serves/makes: 4 - 6 toasts
The Lobster Avocado Toast recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Appetizer