10 - 12 cakes
How to cook Lobster Cakes
- 3 cups cooked lobster meat, in small chunks
- 6 slices white bread
- 3/4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon finely grated onion, pulp and juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Dash of Old Bay seasoning
- Dash of pepper
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
- Tear bread into small pieces, pour 1/2 cup of the margarine over the bread, toss to coat bread. Let stand about 20 minutes or until margarine is absorbed.
- Add egg yolks, lobster, onion, Worcestershire sauce and mustard, dash of Old Bay seasoning and pepper; mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into lobster mixture. Divide the mixture into 10 - 12 equal portions and form them into 1-inch-thick cakes (patties).
- In a large skillet, melt remaining 1/4 cup margarine. Add patties and fry gently until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the Lobster Cakes with lemon wedges.
The Lobster Cakes recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Lobster Cakes serves/makes: 10 - 12 cakes
The Lobster Cakes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed