4 - 6 servings
How to cook Lobster Mousse with Aurora Sauce
- 2 cups cooked lobster meat
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Aurora Sauce, to serve (see the recipe below)
Aurora Sauce Ingredients:
- To prepare the Lobster Mousse - Dilute gelatin in water and melt thoroughly over hot water.
- Add diced tomatoes and chopped eggs to lobster meat and season with salt, pepper, and mustard.
- Add melted gelatin and mix well. Fold whipped cream into the mixture.
- Rinse a suitable fish or lobster mold in cold water, and fill with lobster mixture.
- Chill for several hours and serve with Aurora Sauce.
How to cook Aurora Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Combine all ingredients and serve well chilled.
The Lobster Mousse with Aurora Sauce recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Lobster Mousse with Aurora Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Lobster Mousse with Aurora Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked