How to cook Lobster Rolls
- Meat from the claws, knuckles, and tail of a (1 1/2 pounds) boiled or steamed whole lobster,* cooled
- 1/4 cup mayo
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 hot dog shaped potato rolls - I prefer Martin's brand
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chop lobster meat into 1-inch chunks.
- Prepare salad by mixing lobster with mayo, lemon zest, and a little salt and pepper. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
- Build rolls - toast rolls and split butter between them.
- Fill rolls with lobster salad.
- Garnish with finely chopped chives before serving.
- Serve the Lobster Rolls with greens.
The Lobster Rolls
recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too! Fresh, tender steamed lobster - chilled down and tossed with just a touch of mayo and a little lemon zest, then served on a warm, toasted, buttered bun.
*To Cook Lobsters:
Steam lobsters in a large covered pot depending on weight - 9 minutes for the 1st pound and 3 minutes for each additional pound. (1-1/2 pounds lobster will cook for about 13-14 minutes). Remove lobsters from pot and cover with ice till cold.
To Clean Lobsters:
Using lobster crackers, kitchen shears or the back of a sturdy knife crack shells and pull meat from lobsters.
This recipe for Lobster Rolls serves/makes: 2 rolls
The Lobster Rolls recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Sandwich