6 - 8 appetizer servings
How to cook Lobster Rounds
- 1 cup minced lobster meat
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped watercress
- Saffron (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup cream
- Buttered toast rounds
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine chopped onion, chopped watercress, a dash of paprika, salt, saffron, flour and cream. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add minced lobster meat, preferably fresh. Cook very briefly. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Spread on buttered toast rounds.
- Set in 400°F (200°C) oven and bake until slightly browned.
- Serve the Lobster Rounds hot as an appetizer.
The Lobster Rounds recipe easy to cook and so good!
The saffron adds to the flavor and to the color, but if is difficult to have on hand, it may be omitted. This recipe is equally good with flaked crab meat, preferably fresh.
This recipe for Lobster Rounds serves/makes: 6 - 8 appetizer servings
The Lobster Rounds recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Appetizer